Work accidents can happen anytime, leaving victims with serious injuries that impact their livelihood. From medical expenses and lost wages to long-term disability and emotional trauma, workplace injuries can have a devastating effect on individuals and their families. However, workers’ compensation laws are designed to protect injured employees, regardless of fault.
If the employee was at fault, they are still eligible for benefits, including medical care and lost wages. At SKG, our work accident attorneys fight for just compensation for all our clients. Schedule a free consultation, so we address your immediate legal concerns.
Understanding Florida’s No-Fault System
Florida worker’s compensation is a no-fault system, which means injured workers may be entitled to benefits regardless of who is at fault for the work-related accident. Generally, to be eligible for benefits, all of the following must occur:
- The accident must occur at or during work
- The accident must have been caused while performing a work-related activity
- The accident must happen without warning at a specific time (although some occupational diseases are covered)
This no-fault system is designed to provide a streamlined process for employees to receive benefits without costly and time-consuming legal battles. However, this rule has some exceptions, such as cases of intentional harm or misconduct by the employer.
Under the no-fault system, employees may access the benefits they need to recover from work-related injuries or illnesses and return to work as soon as possible.
Recoverable Damages After a Work Accident
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employers from the private sector reported 2.6 million workplace injuries and illnesses in 2021. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a work-related accident, you may be entitled to certain benefits through workers’ compensation.
- Medical expenses: Workers’ compensation covers the cost of medical treatment for work-related injuries and illnesses. This includes doctor visits, hospitalization, medication, rehabilitation, and other related expenses. The medical provider should send all authorized bills to your employer’s insurance company for payment.
- Lost wages: Workers’ compensation provides wage replacement benefits if you cannot work due to a work-related injury or illness. The amount paid is based on the employee’s average weekly wage.
- Disability benefits: You may also access disability benefits if you are disabled due to work-related injury or illness. The rate, duration, and amount of the benefits depend on the severity of the disability.
- Death benefits: You might be eligible for death benefits if your loved one died due to a work-related injury or illness. This includes payment for funeral expenses and ongoing financial support.
- Vocational rehabilitation: Workers’ compensation may also provide vocational rehabilitation services to help employees return to work. This includes job training, education, and other reemployment services to help the employee find suitable employment.
If you were injured in a work accident, seek immediate medical attention. However, your employer’s insurance company will authorize the doctor or facility to provide the medical care and treatment you need.
Overall, workers’ compensation in Florida provides a safety net for employees injured or ill due to work-related activities. The insurance will help you recover and return to work.
Why Hire Our Florida Work Accident Lawyers
When on the job as a construction worker, laborer, or industrial worker in Florida, you can only hope that your employer has followed federal safety regulations, provided you with a hazard-free environment, trained you properly, and supplied you with well-maintained machinery and safety equipment.
An on-the-job injury can be devastating for a worker who relies on their physical health to bring home a paycheck and support their family. A serious injury will cost more than hospital bills and other medical costs; it can keep a person out of work for a significant amount of time or even ruin their career.
It is important to hire an experienced Florida workers’ compensation attorney to represent you in matters involving work-related accidents. Our skilled team of lawyers will provide valuable guidance throughout the claims process helping you receive maximum benefits.
Experienced in Personal Injury Law
Our law firm is experienced in personal injury law and provides high-quality legal services to our clients. We understand the nuances of the legal process and will guide you through each step. With decades of combined experience helping injured victims, you can count on us to represent your interests.
Superior Client Care
As work accident attorneys, we prioritize the needs and concerns of our clients, going above and beyond to ensure your legal issues are resolved effectively and efficiently. We take time to listen to your story and understand your unique circumstances. Our legal team works closely with all our clients to develop customized solutions that meet individual needs.
Successful Track Record
Since our law firm was founded in 2004, we have built a track record of successful case results. Our up-to-date knowledge of the current legal landscape allows us to leverage the most favorable terms for our clients in any dispute situation.
Our attorneys are committed to fighting diligently for your interests inside and outside the courtroom. With our team on your side, you should feel confident that you have the best chance of achieving a successful resolution to your case.
We offer to work on a contingency fee basis, which means that our lawyers will only charge a fee if we manage to get you a favorable outcome. This type of agreement allows more people to gain access to experienced legal representation. Thus, you can afford high-quality legal counsel without worrying about fees.
Free Initial Consultation
Initial consultations are free. This is a great opportunity to discuss your legal needs with one of our attorneys. We will answer any questions or concerns you may have about your case. Also, you are not obligated to continue working with us beyond the free session.
We also offer in-home or hospital consultations if you cannot visit our office. If you’ve been injured on the job and have questions about your legal rights, we are here to assist you.
Call SKG for Help With Your Work Accident Case
At SKG, we understand that times like these are difficult for the entire family. Our highly experienced staff will assist you in getting the medical attention you need and the compensation you are entitled to under the law. We work diligently to make sure that you and your family are protected.
Contact us today to discuss your case with a Florida work accident lawyer. Together, we will find the best approach to help you access maximum benefits.