Slipping and falling on a wet floor, icy walkway, or another dangerous obstacle can result in painful back injuries, broken bones, and a number of other unwanted health consequences. If you’ve been hurt in a fall-down incident, you’re probably worried about being able to pay all your medical bills.
Fortunately, The Schiller Kessler Group can help you get the money you need to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and several other accident-related losses. Contact a Miami slip and fall accident attorney from our team to find out if you’re eligible to pursue compensation from the party who’s responsible for your fall.
How a Miami Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Can Help You
When you’ve fallen down, our slip and fall accident attorneys in Miami are here to help you back up. Here’s what our team can do to recover maximum compensation for your accident-related losses and the other challenges you’ve faced due to your fall:
When you seek compensation for a slip and fall accident, you must file a claim or lawsuit against the party who owns or maintains the property where your fall occurred. To make your case successful, your attorney must prove that the property owner should be held liable for your losses.
Proving liability involves the following elements:
- Duty of care: First, your lawyer must establish that the property owner owed you a duty of care. A duty of care is a legal obligation that businesses, homeowners, and other property owners have to prevent guests from suffering foreseeable harm.
- Breach of duty: Next, your attorney will have to show that the property owner failed to uphold the duty of care. To do so, they can use evidence that shows the owner failed to warn you about or remove a safety hazard that they knew or should have known about.
- Causation: Once our slip and fall accident lawyer from Miami has proven the first two elements, they’ll need to show that the property owner’s negligence directly resulted in your fall and injuries.
- Damages: Finally, your lawyer must prove that the slip and fall accident caused you to suffer monetary losses. To complete this step, they can refer to copies of your medical bills and other documents that speak to the economic losses you’ve incurred.
Calculate the Value of Your Claim
If you don’t know how much your claim is actually worth, you could accidentally accept a settlement offer that doesn’t come close to covering all of the economic and non-economic losses you’ve taken on. That’s why our team will work with you to identify all damages you’re entitled to.
Once your lawyer has reviewed your medical bills, accounted for your lost wages, and talked to you about the other effects that your fall-down accident has had on your life, they’ll be able to calculate your claim’s value. Depending on your unique situation, they could find that you’re entitled to receive several or more of the following damages:
- Medical expenses
- Ongoing and future medical care costs
- Cost of prescription medication and physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Decreased earning ability
- Physical pain
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Demand Justice and Compensation
Once our Miami slip and fall accident attorneys have gathered the evidence they need to prove liability and determined which forms of compensation you’re owed, they’ll aggressively pursue the damages you deserve.
Your lawyer will bring your claim to the at-fault property owner’s insurance company to obtain the result you need to get your life back in order. Then, they’ll negotiate with insurance adjusters and review any settlement offers you receive to see if they’re large enough.
Most slip and fall accident cases are resolved at the negotiating, but there’s a chance you’ll have to take your’s to trial. If that happens, your attorney will represent you in court, call on witnesses, and make a compelling legal argument as to why the jury should make a fair verdict.
Call the aggressive attorneys
What to Do After a Slip and Fall Incident in Miami
While there’s a lot our slip and fall accident attorneys in Miami can do to help you recuperate after a fall, there are also a few steps you can take to improve your chance of receiving a fair insurance settlement or court verdict. Take these steps to make your life easier after a fall:
- Notify the property owner about your accident and, if possible, get a copy of the accident report.
- Take down the contact information of anyone who saw your fall and ask if they would feel comfortable giving eyewitness testimony to your attorney.
- Preserve your shoes in a plastic bag, as any material stuck to them can be used as evidence.
- Use your smartphone to take pictures of the safety hazard that caused your fall, your injuries, and any other relevant features at the accident scene.
- Seek medical attention ASAP.
- Don’t talk to the insurance company or anyone associated with the property about the accident until you’ve hired an attorney.
- Don’t agree to a settlement offer until your lawyer has had a chance to look it over.
- Don’t post about your accident on social media, as your social media posts can be used to delegitimize your claim.
- Hire a slip and fall accident lawyer from our location in Miami.
Miami Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-350-3476
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Lawyer From Our Firm ASAP
If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident, you’ll want to hire a lawyer as soon as you can. That’s because Florida has a two-year statute of limitations for all personal injury lawsuits. In other words, you’ll only have two years from the date of our accident to file a suit against the negligent property owner.
To protect your right to fair compensation, contact a Miami slip and fall accident attorney from the Schiller Kessler Group today. They’ll meet with you to discuss your accident and legal options for free. If they believe you have grounds for a claim or lawsuit, they’ll offer the personalized attention your case needs to be successful.
Call or text 800-350-3476 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form