The scenic bike paths and trails weaving through Florida attract many cyclists. However, bicycle accidents can happen anywhere and at any time. Victims may experience severe injuries and face a long list of expenses. However, with a Florida personal injury lawyer on your side, you can recover your losses.
At The Schiller Kessler Group, we are dedicated to advocating for the rights of injured Florida victims. A bicycle accident lawyer from our team can help you navigate the legal system and claim damages. Call us today to schedule a free consultation.
Do I Have a Valid Claim?
If you have been involved in a bicycle accident, you may have grounds to file a claim if someone else’s negligence caused the crash. Negligence can take many forms, such as a driver operating a vehicle while intoxicated or a poorly maintained road.
To file a claim, you must have suffered damages from the accident, such as medical bills, lost wages, or pain and suffering. We can help prove your claim through documentation related to the bicycle accident, such as witness statements, police reports, and medical records.
The legal process can be complex and time-consuming, so seeking legal representation as soon as possible is best. An experienced bicycle accident lawyer can help evaluate the strength of your case and advise you on the best course of action.
Call the aggressive attorneys
Our Bicycle Accident Lawyers Will Strengthen Your Case
At SKG, we have a deep understanding of Florida laws and regulations and are experienced in handling all types of bicycle accident cases. We will employ all our available resources to build an evidence-based case for you.
Here are some steps your lawyer might take to strengthen your claim:
- Gather and review all relevant evidence: This can include witness statements, medical documents, photographs, video footage, and any other materials that may be relevant to the case.
- Analyze the evidence: Once all the evidence has been gathered, we will carefully evaluate its relevance, reliability, and credibility. This can involve reviewing the source of the evidence, assessing its authenticity, and evaluating any potential biases or inconsistencies.
- Develop a theory of the case: Based on the evidence, your bicycle accident attorney will develop a clear theory that explains what happened and why.
- Conduct further investigation: If there are gaps in the evidence or if there are areas that require further investigation, we will conduct additional research or seek the assistance of experts to help fill in these gaps.
What Can I Do To Help?
If you are the victim of a bicycle accident and want to help your lawyer build a strong case, you can:
- Gather and preserve evidence: If possible, take photos of the accident scene, your injuries, and any damage to your bike. Also, keep a record of any medical treatment you receive and document your recovery process.
- Be honest and open with your lawyer: Share all the accident details with your attorney, even if you think they may be insignificant. This can help us build a more complete and accurate picture of what happened.
- Follow your doctor’s orders: Follow all medical instructions and attend your appointments. This not only helps you recover but also creates a record of your injuries and treatment.
- Avoid speaking to insurance companies: Do not speak to insurance agents without first consulting your lawyer. Insurance companies may try to obtain information that could be used against you.
Florida Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-350-3476
Recoverable Damages in a Florida Bicycle Accident Case
In a bicycle accident case, a victim may be entitled to recover various types of damages to compensate them for their injuries and losses. These fall into two main categories: compensatory and punitive damages.
These are meant to reimburse the victim for their accident-related losses and further divide into economic and non-economic damages.
The tangible losses you experienced due to the bike crash are incorporated into the economic damages. These are generally easy to quantify, and we heavily rely on documents like bills and receipts to prove the extent of your losses. You may recover:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Loss of wages
- Future medical expenses
- Loss of future earnings
Non-economic damages focus on the intangible losses you experienced. To prove this, we will focus on the bicycle accident’s psychological impact. Your lawyer will also analyze how your social relationships changed after the incident. Depending on your case, you could claim:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment
- Scarring and disfigurement
In certain bicycle accident cases, you may also qualify for punitive damages. However, these are awarded only when the defendant’s actions are deemed extremely reckless and dangerous.
Punitive damages aim to punish the defendant for their wrongful act, but they also deter others from engaging in similar activities.
Florida’s Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Lawsuits
Since bicycle accidents fall under personal injury law, victims have two years from the day of their incident to file a lawsuit. If you fail to file a lawsuit within this period, you may lose your right to pursue legal action and recover damages.
Speak with a personal injury attorney in Florida as soon as possible after your injury to understand your legal rights and options.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Our Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Florida Today
If you or a loved one have been involved in a bicycle accident, we understand the physical and emotional toll it can take. As personal injury lawyers based in Florida, we aim to provide compassionate and personalized legal representation to help you navigate this difficult time.
We know that every case is unique and requires individual attention. That’s why we offer a free consultation to assess your case and provide you with a clear understanding of your legal options.
We work on a contingency fee basis, which means you don’t pay us unless we win your case. Contact The Schiller Kessler Group today to schedule a free case review.