At the Schiller Kessler Group, we believe that pedestrians deserve to feel safe while walking on the sidewalk and using crosswalks. Fortunately, Florida law gives pedestrians and their families the right to seek financial compensation when a careless driver hits them and causes them harm.
If a reckless motorist injured you while you were walking around town, you might be dealing with devastating injuries, a mountain of medical bills, and other life-altering consequences.
A personal injury lawyer in Stuart can help you hold the negligent party responsible and pursue a fair settlement for your pain, suffering, and accident-related expenses. Contact our Stuart pedestrian accident lawyer today for a free consultation.
Actions to Take After Getting Hit by a Car in Stuart
In the aftermath of a pedestrian accident, swift action can safeguard your rights and well-being. Follow these immediate steps to ensure the best possible outcome:
- Seek medical attention: Prioritize your health and safety. Even if your injuries seem minor, consult with a medical professional. Certain injuries, such as internal bleeding or whiplash, may not manifest immediately, so it’s always best to get checked out.
- Call the police: Reach out to local authorities to report the accident. The creation of an official police report is important for your insurance claim and any potential legal proceedings.
- Gather evidence: If you are physically able, collect substantial evidence at the scene. Take photos of the accident site, including damage to your vehicle and personal belongings. Obtain contact information from witnesses, as their statements could prove valuable later.
- Document your injuries and expenses: Keep a meticulous record of your injuries, medical care received, and associated expenses like transportation or lost wages. This documentation strengthens your claim for compensation in the future.
- Contact a Stuart pedestrian lawyer: Reach out to an experienced attorney who can navigate the legal process, negotiate with insurance companies, and advocate for the compensation you deserve.
- Be careful what you say: Avoid discussing the details of the accident with the other party’s insurance company. Instead, let an experienced attorney do the talking. Even posting on social media can weaken your personal injury case.
Time is of the essence after an accident. Taking the above steps right away will help protect your rights and establish a strong case for compensation.
Call the aggressive attorneys
We Can Help You Seek Damages After a Life-Altering Accident
With nearly three decades of personal injury experience, our legal team has handled a wide range of pedestrian accident cases. We’re confident in our ability to investigate and file a winning claim for your incident, no matter how it happened.
Accidents involving pedestrians can result from:
- Drunk driving
- Driver fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Texting while driving
- Driver inexperience
- A tire blowout, brake failure, or mechanical issue
Our team can investigate your accident to pinpoint what caused it. Once we’ve gathered enough information and evidence to construct a solid personal injury claim, we’ll file it with the appropriate insurance provider.
Stuart Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-350-3476
Your Attorney Will Deal With the Insurance Company
If you’ve never filed a personal injury claim, you might be unaware that insurance companies are notorious for trying to decrease your payout or deny your claim.
It’s common for insurers to try to contact injury victims immediately after the accident to either ambush them with a lowball settlement offer or try to get them to say something that hurts their case.
Don’t let the insurance company take advantage of you when you’re in a vulnerable state. Instead, direct them to your lawyer.
We Can Negotiate a Settlement That Works for You
If you receive any settlement offers from the insurer, make sure to have an experienced attorney look them over before you accept or sign anything. Only an experienced personal injury lawyer will know how much your claim is worth. They’ll be able to determine if an offer meets your needs or if you deserve more.
If the insurance provider refuses to offer a fair settlement, our Stuart pedestrian accident lawyer can negotiate with its representatives to hammer out an offer that works for you.
Our team has obtained countless impressive case results, so you can be confident that we have what it takes to negotiate a high-value insurance payout. If negotiations are unsuccessful, an experienced trial lawyer from our team can take your case to court and fight for justice there.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Injuries Sustained in Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accident victims can suffer severe injuries that require expensive medical attention. If you’ve been injured in such an incident, you can count on the Schiller Kessler Group to pursue the compensation you need to cover your medical treatment expenses.
We’ll also seek damages to pay for any future care you may need to manage a long-term injury or permanent disability.
Our personal injury team will do everything they can to help you recuperate or manage any of the following conditions:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Cuts, lacerations, and abrasions
- Internal injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Pelvic injuries
- Facial injuries
- Dental injuries
- Nerve damage
Compensation You Could Receive From a Personal Injury Claim
Most accident victims aren’t aware of all the financial remedies they can receive from an insurance claim or civil suit. In addition to getting compensation for your medical bills and other accident-related expenses, there are several non-economic losses that you may receive payment for.
When you work with our pedestrian accident attorney in Stuart, they’ll ask you about all the personal challenges and inconveniences you’ve dealt with due to the incident. Using the information you provide along with records of your financial losses, they’ll calculate how much you should receive from a claim.
While every case is different, you may be able to recover the following damages:
- Current, ongoing, and future medical expenses
- Cost of ambulance transportation and hospital treatment
- Cost of medications, physical therapy, and assistive medical devices
- Loss of income
- Property damage to your clothing and other items
- Decreased earning ability due to a lasting injury sustained in the accident
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Pursuing Compensation After a Fatal Accident
If someone close to you has lost their life in a pedestrian accident, our attorneys in Stuart offer their sincerest condolences. Dealing with the loss of a spouse or family member can be incredibly challenging, which is why our Stuart wrongful death lawyer is here to offer the compassionate advocacy you need to move forward with a wrongful death claim.
If your case is successful, you could receive several or more of the following damages:
- End-of-life medical expenses
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of financial support or inheritance
- Loss of companionship, services, and guidance
We can handle the entirety of your case so you have the time you need to gather with your loved ones and process the grief you’re experiencing.
The At-Fault Party’s Insurance Adjuster is Not on Your Side
It’s important to remember that your insurance company adjuster is not your friend. While they may try to appear friendly and helpful, their primary goal is to minimize the amount of money they have to pay out for your claim. They are trained to protect their company’s bottom line.
In order to protect yourself against the tactics used by insurance adjusters, it is crucial to hire a skilled pedestrian injury attorney who can handle communication with them on your behalf. An experienced attorney knows how to handle insurance companies and fight for a fair settlement.
It is essential not to accept any calls from the adjuster or befriend them, as they may use any information you share against you. Furthermore, refrain from signing anything before consulting with an attorney who can review the documents and advise you accordingly.
Shared Fault in Florida Accidents
If you find yourself being blamed for a pedestrian accident in Florida, it’s important to know your rights. Florida’s comparative negligence laws dictate that even in cases where the fault is shared among involved parties, you can still seek compensation from others identified as partially at fault.
The final settlement you receive will be adjusted proportionally based on your assigned percentage of fault. However, it’s important to note that if you are determined to be more than 50% at fault in a pedestrian crash claim in Florida, you will be barred from collecting compensation.
Our team will investigate any allegations against you, recognizing that insurers frequently attempt to shift blame.
Why Choose Our Personal Injury Law Firm?
When faced with the aftermath of a pedestrian accident, selecting the right legal representation is crucial.
Our dedicated team of personal injury lawyers stands out for several reasons:
- Extensive experience in pedestrian accidents: Our firm regularly handles pedestrian accident cases, bringing a wealth of knowledge and experience to the negotiation table or courtroom.
- Proven track record: Our attorneys have successfully represented numerous pedestrian accident victims, securing the maximum compensation available in their cases.
- Client-centric approach: We prioritize our clients’ needs, offering personalized attention and tailored legal strategies to ensure the best possible outcomes.
- Extensive legal experience: With a deep understanding of local laws and regulations, our legal team leverages nearly three decades of experience.
- Compassionate advocacy: Dealing with the aftermath of a pedestrian accident can be emotionally challenging. Our attorneys provide compassionate and empathetic support, guiding you through every step of the legal process.
Choosing our law firm means entrusting your case to a team committed to excellence and unwavering advocacy.
Affording a Lawyer for Your Stuart Pedestrian Injury Case
Choosing the right attorney can significantly impact the outcome of your pedestrian accident case. Understandably, you may have concerns about affording legal assistance, given the high hourly rates of many attorneys.
At our firm, we address this concern by operating on a contingency basis. This system means that rather than paying your attorney upfront, their fees are contingent upon the successful resolution of your case. Your lawyer will collect a percentage of the settlement or award proceeds if you win your case.
Opting for a seasoned attorney who handles cases on a contingency fee basis not only avoids any additional financial burden but also enhances your likelihood of obtaining fair compensation.
Florida’s Time Limit for Filing a Personal Injury Claim
According to Florida’s statute of limitations, you have two years from the date of your pedestrian accident to file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver.
If you wait too long to hire a personal injury lawyer and get started on your case, you could miss the deadline and lose out on the compensation you’re owed.
Instead of jeopardizing your recovery and future, reach out to a Stuart pedestrian accident lawyer as soon as possible. A qualified attorney from our firm can explain how the state’s filing deadline applies in your case and file your civil lawsuit correctly and on time.
Meet With a Stuart Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
If a car or other motor vehicle has struck you or a member of your family, you deserve justice. At the Schiller Kessler Group, we want to make it easy for accident victims to meet with an experienced lawyer to discuss their cases. That’s why you can reach out to us by phone or online.
To get the legal counsel and advocacy you need to win, contact our law offices today. We’ll schedule a free, no-obligation consultation between you and a knowledgeable Stuart pedestrian accident attorney so you can learn more about your legal options.