A pedestrian accident can be devastating and life-changing, leaving you with severe injuries, emotional distress, and mounting medical expenses. Unfortunately, these accidents are common in Florida, and victims often feel overwhelmed and unsure of where to turn for help.
At SKG, we understand the negative impact that pedestrian accidents can have on injured victims and their families. Our Davie personal injury attorneys are committed to providing the highest level of legal representation. Let us guide you through the complexities of your case and pursue the settlement or verdict you deserve.
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Determining Fault in a Davie Pedestrian Accident
In Florida, determining fault in a pedestrian accident involves thoroughly examining the various factors surrounding the incident. Our experienced car accident lawyers who handle these cases understand the complexities involved and conduct thorough investigations to pinpoint liability.
Even in cases where a driver’s negligence or recklessness caused your injuries, it can be challenging to prove liability without an attorney. Our team will carefully review relevant traffic laws, assess the actions of all parties involved, and analyze the circumstances that led to your accident.
Florida Statutes § 316.130 lists Florida laws regarding pedestrians and motor vehicle traffic, and an attorney can strengthen your case by proving you were following these laws. In addition, your lawyer will work to establish how the driver’s negligence directly contributed to your injuries.
They will do this by thoroughly investigating the incident and gathering evidence such as witness statements, police reports, and available surveillance footage. Our team leaves no stone unturned when it comes to pursuing compensation in your case.
Call the aggressive attorneys
Available Compensation for an Injured Pedestrian
After being injured as a pedestrian in Florida, you may be entitled to various forms of compensation for your damages. Understanding the types of financial compensation available will help you pursue the full amount you need to move forward after an accident.
Our law firm is committed to helping injured pedestrians navigate the legal process and fight for a fair settlement or court award.
Here are some of the damages that may be available to you:
- Medical expenses: As an injured pedestrian, you may be eligible to receive compensation for the medical bills resulting from your injuries. This includes hospital stays, surgeries, doctor visits, medications, physical therapy, rehabilitation, and any future medical treatments or assistive devices that may be necessary.
- Lost wages: If your injuries have caused you to miss work or have to change jobs, you may be entitled to compensation for your lost wages or decreased earning capacity. This includes both past and future loss of income.
- Pain and suffering: Pedestrian accidents can cause significant physical pain, emotional distress, and a diminished quality of life. Pain and suffering damages attempt to compensate you for the emotional and physical hardships you endure due to your injuries.
- Rehabilitation and therapy: In many cases, pedestrian accident injuries require ongoing rehabilitation, therapy, or counseling to facilitate a full recovery. Compensation may be available to cover the costs of these services and help you regain your physical and emotional well-being.
- Property damage: If personal belongings, such as clothing, electronics, or other valuables, were damaged or lost in the accident, you may be able to obtain compensation for repairing or replacing them.
- Wrongful death: In cases where a pedestrian accident results in the loss of a loved one, surviving family members may be entitled to compensation for wrongful death damages, such as burial and funeral expenses, loss of financial support, and loss of companionship.
- Punitive damages: This category of damages is sometimes awarded to plaintiffs in civil cases as a way to punish wrongdoers and deter similar misconduct in the future. Punitive damages can be awarded when a defendant’s conduct is particularly egregious, such as reckless disregard for the safety or health of another person.
Every pedestrian accident case is unique, and the available damages will depend on the circumstances of your accident and the extent of your injuries. One of our experienced Davie pedestrian accident lawyers can thoroughly evaluate your case, consider all possible damages, and fight for fair compensation on your behalf.
We offer free consultations and handle cases on contingency, so you won’t pay anything out of pocket. Reach out to our team today to learn more.
Davie Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-350-3476
Florida Time Limit for Filing a Personal Injury Claim
If you or a loved one have suffered a personal injury in Florida, it is important to understand the time limit for filing a claim. Florida’s statute of limitations for personal injury cases is generally two years. This means you have a window of two years from the accident date or discovery of the injury to file a lawsuit and seek compensation for your damages.
Failing to file within this timeframe may result in losing your right to pursue a legal claim. Therefore, consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible is crucial to protecting your rights.
Also, the sooner you contact us, the sooner we can gather and preserve key evidence in your case.
Contact a Davie Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
With nearly three decades of experience, SKG provides aggressive and effective legal representation with the highest standards of excellence, compassion, and integrity. We give each case the personalized attention it deserves and deliver prompt communication so our clients always know where their case stands.
If you or a loved one have been hit by a car in Broward County, we can help. One of our pedestrian accident attorneys in Davie will investigate every aspect of your case, gathering evidence such as police reports, medical records, and witness statements. In addition, we will negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf and fight for you in court if necessary.
Contact us today for a free case evaluation.