If you have been injured in an accident involving an Uber or Lyft driver in the Fort Myers area, you’ve likely endured not just physical pain and suffering but also the stress and frustration of navigating the complex claims process alone.
Pursuing financial compensation through insurance and the legal system after a serious rideshare accident can be overwhelming without the help of a Fort Myers Uber and Lyft accident lawyer by your side. At The Schiller Kessler Group, our Fort Myers car accident attorneys understand the unique challenges involved with rideshare accident claims.
We work to ease your physical, emotional, and financial burdens as much as possible by fighting for the maximum compensation possible on your behalf. Our Fort Myers personal injury lawyers can help you understand your best options and the next steps you need to take to get life back on track.
Uber and Lyft Accident Claims Come With Challenges
Unlike an accident claim with another motorist, getting into a crash involving a Lyft or Uber car comes with its own set of unique variables. It is difficult to know who can be held responsible for paying for your injuries, and the rideshare companies are likely to fight liability.
Here are some common challenges in proving negligence in ride-hail accident cases:
Lack of Video Evidence
Unlike taxi cabs, Uber and Lyft vehicles generally do not have dash cameras. This makes it harder to prove how the accident occurred. However, a Fort Myers rideshare accident lawyer may be able to locate traffic camera footage, surveillance video, or even find witnesses with dashcam footage to help build your case.
Driver Denies Negligence
The ride-hail driver will often claim the accident was not their fault and deny any wrongdoing, even if intoxicated or speeding. In any situation, their insurance company is apt to argue about liability and may even try to pin part of the blame on you or another third party.
Difficulty Accessing Records
It can be challenging for victims to obtain the ride-hail driver’s driving history, accident reports, and other records that point to negligence. An Uber and Lyft accident attorney in Fort Myers can help you access records like these. Having proof of a rideshare driver’s prior infractions can bolster your case.
Determining Insurance Coverage
The complex web of insurance options for ride-hail drivers makes it difficult for victims to determine which policies apply and how much coverage is available.
Proving Company Negligence
While the driver’s actions are often negligent, proving Uber/Lyft failed to screen, monitor, or train the driver properly can be a high bar and requires investigation and expert analysis.
Uber and Lyft have significant resources and experience extending the litigation process to pressure victims into lower settlements. Their attorneys are well-versed in these claims.
Our rideshare accident lawyers in Fort Myers can negotiate aggressively and work to expedite matters.
Limited Legal Precedent
Since ride-hail claims are relatively new, there are fewer past cases and rulings to serve as helpful precedents when building a negligence argument. Your auto accident attorney will understand how to use precedent to build your claim and more accurately assess the compensation you may receive.
Our firm’s experienced rideshare accident attorneys will be familiar with these challenges. We can work to obtain necessary records, hire expert analysts, build a strong case that both the driver and company were negligent, pursue resolution through litigation if needed, and negotiate a settlement that achieves maximum compensation for their client.
Call the aggressive attorneys
How Can I Get the Most Compensation for My Uber or Lyft Accident Claim?
Here are the tips to ensure you receive the maximum compensatory damages possible:
- Hire an experienced attorney: A Fort Myers car accident lawyer familiar with ride-hail accident claims can navigate complex insurance issues, build a strong liability case, obtain relevant records, and negotiate from a position of strength.
- Gather evidence: Preserve anything you have and have your lawyer obtain additional records.
- Cooperate with your attorney: When you provide all relevant information, respond quickly to requests, and follow your lawyer’s guidance, it can strengthen your position.
- Establish the full extent of your damages: Your Fort Myers rideshare accident attorney will perform an in-depth calculation to determine all economic losses and long-term quality of life impacts. This helps you to avoid accepting an insufficient settlement
- Pursue coverage from all applicable parties: Your lawyer can investigate whether Uber/Lyft shares responsibility to pursue compensation from the company too.
- Be willing to litigate: Even the threat of going to trial increases leverage in settlements. Your lawyer will pursue this if needed to achieve fair compensation.
- Reject inadequate settlements: Don’t feel pressured to accept an offer before all losses are known and your options determined.
- Remain patient: A larger settlement outweighs a quick, low offer. Trust your Fort Myers Uber and Lyft accident lawyer to create a solid strategy and follow their advice.
An experienced attorney can guide you through ensuring you achieve the maximum compensation justified by the full extent of your damages based on a thorough investigation and strong liability case.
Fort Myers Uber And Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-350-3476
What Damages Are Available in a Fort Myers, Florida Rideshare Accident Claim?
In Florida Uber and Lyft claims, several types of damages may be available to compensate for injuries and losses suffered:
- Economic damages cover out-of-pocket costs like medical expenses, the income you lost, rehabilitation, and property damage. These aim to make you financially whole again.
- Noneconomic damages compensate for pain, suffering, scarring, loss of enjoyment of life, and other quality-of-life impacts. Awards aim to be fair based on injury severity.
- Life care plans can project costs for lifelong injuries like total medical needs, therapies, in-home aids, and equipment.
- Wrongful death claims can recover the loss of financial support, companionship, and the loss of services for beneficiaries.
An experienced Uber and Lyft accident lawyer in Fort Myers will work to ensure that the entirety of your losses are addressed and will fight for the maximum financial compensation possible.
Contact a Fort Myers Law Firm Today for a Free Consultation
After suffering injuries in a traumatic ride-hailing accident, you deserve full and fair compensation for your losses. You should not accept any settlement until you are confident you have recovered every dollar justified by your injuries and expenses.
Contact our Fort Myers Uber and Lyft accident legal team today to arrange a free initial consultation. With the Schiller Kessler Group’s accident attorneys on your side, you can trust that all avenues will be aggressively pursued to achieve the justice and compensation you deserve to help you move past this difficult experience and regain control of your life.