Experiencing a rear-end collision can be an overwhelming and challenging experience. From physical injuries to emotional stress and financial worries, the consequences of this type of accident can profoundly affect your life.
In moments like these, it is essential to understand your rights and which steps you can take to seek the justice you deserve. If you are in this situation, The Schiller Kessler Group lawyers are here to guide you through this legal process and provide the support you need to face this situation confidently.
What to Do After a Rear-End Collision?
If you have been the victim of a rear-end collision, it is important to take immediate action to protect your legal rights and safety. These are some of the frequently asked questions our attorneys get. And these are some of the steps a victim should follow:
- Seek Medical Assistance. It is important to seek medical attention immediately after a rear-end collision-Even if your injuries may appear minor. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent.
- Call emergency services. Always call 911 after a car accident, no matter how small the damage appears. An official police report can be valuable evidence for future claims or lawsuits.
- Document the Scene. Collect evidence at the scene. Take pictures of any vehicles involved, the location, the damage, and any traffic signs. It is also useful to obtain the contact details of any witnesses present.
- Seek Legal Advice. Consult an experienced personal injury lawyer. They can guide you through the legal process and seek fair compensation for your damages.
Call the aggressive attorneys
What Can a Car Accident Lawyer Do for Your Rear-End Collision Case?
Hiring a car accident attorney specializing in rear-end collisions can significantly impact the outcome of your case. Here’s how they can assist you in navigating the complex legal landscape:
Expert Guidance and Thorough Case Evaluation
A skilled attorney will meticulously examine your situation’s details to determine your claim’s viability. They’ll assess the evidence, analyze the circumstances of the collision, and advise you on whether pursuing legal action is in your best interest.
Conduct a Private Investigation
Collecting compelling evidence is essential for building a strong case. A proficient lawyer will skillfully obtain and organize evidence such as police reports, medical records, photos of the accident scene, and witness testimonies. This evidence will provide critical support for your claims.
Strategic Negotiations and Vigorous Court Representation
While many cases are resolved through negotiations, some may require litigation. In such instances, having a seasoned attorney by your side is invaluable. They will meticulously prepare your court case, advocate for your rights before a judge and jury, and present a compelling argument on your behalf.
Which Damages Can You Claim After a Rear-End Collision?
Following a rear-end collision, you may have the right to pursue economic compensation for different types of damages. There are two main damages categories:
The economic damages an experienced attorney can recover encompass the quantifiable financial losses you’ve experienced. These can include:
- Medical Expenses. This includes the costs of medical treatments, doctor visits, hospitalization, surgeries, prescription medications, and any ongoing rehabilitation or therapy needed to recover from your injuries.
- Lost Income. If your injuries have prevented you from working, you may be able to claim compensation for the wages you lost. Furthermore, you may seek compensation for the loss of future income, if your earning capacity is negatively affected.
- Property Damage. If your car sustained damage in the collision, you can recover the costs of repairing or replacing your vehicle.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses. This covers expenses directly related to the accident, such as transportation costs to medical appointments or property repairs.
Non-economic damages are intangible losses, and it tends to be challenging to assign a precise monetary value to. They include:
- Pain and Suffering. Compensation for emotional distress and physical pain you endured due to the accident and its aftermath.
- Emotional Distress. If the accident has caused psychological trauma, anxiety, or other emotional impacts, you may be eligible for compensation.
- Loss of Life’s enjoyment. If your injuries have affected your ability to engage in activities you once enjoyed, you may be able to claim damages for the diminished quality of life you’re experiencing.
It’s important to note that the specific damages you can claim depends on the circumstances of your particular case and the laws in your jurisdiction. Talking to an experienced attorney may help you understand which damages you’re eligible to pursue and how to build a strong case to secure the compensation you deserve.
Statute of Limitations for a Rear-End Collision
Victims often ask themselves how long do I have to file a car accident claim in Florida? Understanding the statute of limitations is crucial if you’ve been involved in a rear-end collision. This legal timeframe determines how long you must initiate legal action following the incident.
The statute of limitations ensures that cases are resolved while evidence and memories are fresh. Delaying action could jeopardize your chances of seeking compensation for your injuries, medical expenses, and other damages. The statute of limitations varies from state to state, so it is important to talk to a lawyer as soon as possible.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Speak to a Rear-End Collision Lawyer Today
If you’ve been the victim of a rear-end collision, you don’t have to face the consequences alone. An experienced rear-end collision lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and options and ensure you seek the compensation you deserve for your damages and injuries.
The Schiller Kessler Group lawyers will answer all your questions in a free consultation. But we also work on a contingency basis. That means you only have to pay if we win, and you receive compensation for your damages. Contact us today, and let’s seek justice for your case.