If any personal injury or property damage occurs in an auto/trucking accident, a police report should be filed. If a police report was not taken at the scene of the accident, contact the police in the city where the accident took place, as soon as possible.
- Write down the driver’s information and license plate numbers of the vehicles involved in the accident. Try to get the name, phone number and address of anyone who witnessed the accident. Please allow only your lawyer to contact the witness(es).
- Go to the hospital emergency room immediately if you are in any pain whatsoever. Do not be afraid to tell the doctor about every area of your body in which you are experiencing pain.
- Contact your insurance company and inform them of the accident.
We strongly advise you to have no communications with the other driver’s insurance company. Instruct them to contact your attorney. Once our law firm is retained, we will send our investigator to take photographs of the vehicles involved, the accident scene and take witness statements. If you or someone else in the vehicle sustained visible injuries, (i.e., cuts, bruises, stitches) permit our investigators to take photos of those injuries.
If liability can be clearly proven, it is probable that a settlement can be obtained. In resolving an auto/trucking case, those in which critical evidence has been obtained will facilitate counsel in obtaining a favorable resolution. If a jury trial becomes necessary, this evidence becomes the crucial factor in proving liability and damages.
- Owner of the vehicle
- Automobile manufacturer or part supplier
- Leasing company
- Rental car company
- Automobile repair shop
- Corporation which owns vehicle involved in the accident
- Property owner of the location where the accident occurred or owners of real estate in the immediate vicinity
In the unfortunate event you are injured in a trucking accident while on the job, you may be entitled to file dual claims for both the automobile/motorcycle/truck accident and workers’ compensation incident. In addition to bodily injury and/or vehicle damage, you may be able to recoup lost wages and restitution to pay your medical bills. At SKG, our attorneys can guide, advise and advocate on your behalf how to receive the best and most fair compensation for your injuries.
The Schiller Kessler Group provides aggressive and effective legal representation to our clients with the highest standards of excellence, compassion and integrity. We always provide personalized attention and deliver prompt communication so that our clients always know where their case stands. Contact our offices anytime to schedule a free consultation.